27 Jan HEALTH BENEFITS OF FRUIT INFUSED WATER
At ZCF we love adding fresh fruit into our water for high energy levels, clear skin and detoxing.
Here are 5 benefits of adding fresh fruit into your water daily:
1. Boost your energy
2. Supports weight loss + great for digestion
3. Cleanse your liver
4. Promote healthy skin
5. Boost mental alertness
Plus a few of our favourite detox water recipes for you babes to try!
1. Lemon, Cucumber and Mint – Skin detox
These ingredients reduce inflammation and rehydrate the skin. Lemon water has an ability to rejuvenate the skin, heal the body and boost energy. A lemon water detox may also help you to lose weight because lemon contains pectin, a type of fiber that helps you to feel full longer.
2. Grapefruit and Rosemary – Liver detox
Grapefruit is full of vitamin C and has a high mineral content. This means it is alkaline and helps keep the body balanced.
3. Watermelon – Workout enhancer
Watermelon is 92 per cent water and contains calcium, magnesium, and potassium — all of which are key to rehydrating.-
4. Rhubarb, Apple and Cinnamon – Metabolism boost
Cinnamon is a classic metabolism boost, and Vitamin K, found in rhubarb, is important to prevent blood clotting.
5. Strawberry, Pineapple, Sage
Sage has been used for centuries to induce relaxation. Add this into your water of an evening to relax your body and to calm your mind.
6. Blueberries, Blackberries and Pomegranate – Prevent aging
Dark berries are some of the most powerful antioxidants. Sipping this solution is your answer to aging.
7. Strawberry and Lime – Restore hair, skin, and nails
The antioxidants in strawberries work wonders with the restorative properties of lime to strengthen skin, hair, and nails.
8. Orange, Lemon, Ginger – Digestion aid
Ginger and citrus have long been used to aid digestion and boost the immune system.