04 Apr Ten Benefits of a Plant Based Diet
Looking to cleanse and detoxify your body?
Check out our top 10 tips as to why we love eating a plant based diet!
- Helps prevent type-2 diabetes – The right diet and mindset is the best way to reverse this disease.
- Clearer Skin – This is one of the best benefits of being vegan. Eating dairy regularly has been proven to result in acne for many people because it stimulates insulin secretion in the body. Give up dairy and give it a glow!
- Helps you loose weight – Eating plant based is one of the best ways to lean up that bod. Think about all the naughty treats you love.. Chocolate, cheese, ice cream, hamburgers.. what’s the common denominator? They all contain some from of animal product. Keeping your diet to largely plant based will help you stay away from those nasties and in turn shred some serious weight.
- Higher intake of fiber – If you are looking for a way to boost your fiber intake, going plant based is a sure fire way to do so. Those who choose to eat plant based consume much more fiber than those who don’t, thus leading to less constipation, more stable sugar levels and are better at controlling their dietary cholesterol.
- Glowing skin – #yaaaass, golden goddess! What we put into our bodies largely contributes to what we look like on the outside. Plant-based diets are much more likely to provide your body with the nutrients to keep your body looking healthy AF from the inside out.
- Healthy heart – Those who eat more fruit and vegetables are proven to lower their chances of developing cardiovascular disease.
- Vision – Your sight will seriously thank you for upping your intake of carrots, kale, grapes, spinach and kiwi fruit.
- Reduces inflammation – including arthritis, allergies, asthma and autoimmune disease.
- High energy levels – I think we all know that sluggish feeling after having a heavy burger, milkshake or meat lover’s pizza – feeling heavy, horrible and exhausted. A plant-based diet can give you the energy to last through your day’s activities and gives you increased energy when exercising.
- A good nights sleep – A plant based diet helps to give you a healthy sleep cycle.
- Improves your thinking – Chickpeas, cauliflower and broccoli have brain boosting qualities. Who would of thought?
Looking to detoxify your body and improve your overall energy levels? Give a plant based diet a go to improve your overall health and wellness.