21 Mar The Best Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
At ZCF we love making healthy, delicious, guilt free treats! And with this healthy take on the classic original, that’s both gluten and refined sugar-free, there’s no need for guilt, just pure enjoyment.
- 1 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 1 flax egg or egg
- 1/3 cup chopped dark chocolate/cacao nibs
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, stir the almond flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt until combined.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk the coconut oil, maple syrup, almond butter and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Add egg to the wet mixture and whisk for a further 2-3 minutes, until light and bubbly.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet mixture, until just combined. Stir in chopped chocolate.
- Roll tablespoon-sized amounts of dough into balls then flatten slightly on a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden around the edges.
- Allow to cool completely on baking sheet. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.